EDMWers uses alot of acronyms and abbreviations in the forum. This is likely due to avoiding the direct use of profanities which can lead to moderators to have the thread deleted.
Many of the abbreviations are short-forms of the Hokkien language, as with most vulgar phrases that are spoken in Singapore.
Note to editors
Please adhere to the following format
+ Letter ++ abbreviation : definition : sexplanation ++ abbreviation : definition : sexplanation + Next Letter ++ abbreviation : definition : sexplanation
- "Ai Sio Gan Mai" in Hokkien
- Translated loosely as a word to initiate the act or an invitation to sexual intercourse and copulation.
- "Bian Tai Shu Shu" in Hokkien
- Literally translated as a 'perverted uncle' or used to describe an overaged 21+ year old juvenile who has a nack for perverted thoughts
- "Chee Bye" in Hokkien
- A word to describe the private part of a female.
- "Chao Chee Bye" in Hokkien
- Smelly Virgina.
- A euphemism for "Chee bye"
- Trivial- It is actually the proper name for cheesecake as the latter does not have layers, icing, frosting and isn't cakelike in texture — it consists of only crust and filling.
- (corrupted spelling for) You
- EDMW's term for a 2nd-party referral of 'you'. Part of the EDMW language.
- "Keep Quiet" in Hokkien, a milder form of "STFU".
- Can be used in jest or part of an angry post or flame depending on the context of the message.
- Got Picture Got Talk
- This word is used frequently as a one liner reply when a forum member claims that he/she had witnessed an incident or saw a person with accompanying pictorial evidence to back his/her claim.
- Got Video Got Talk
- This word is used frequently as a one liner reply when a forum member claims that he/she had witnessed an incident or saw a person with accompanying Video recording evidence. A bonus to the standard pictorial evidence claim.
- KKJ = Ku Ku Jiao
- See Nan Jiao
- "Kan Nin Na" In Hokkien.
- Translated loosely as "Fuck your mother" (Short form for KNNB)
- "Kan Nin Na Bu" In Hokkien
- Translated loosely as "Fuck your mother"
- "Kan Nin Na Bu Ah Pua Chee Bye" in Hokkien
- Translated it means "F u c k your mother's broken virgina" (Requires Verification)
- "Lan Jiao" in Hokkien.
- A word to describe the penis of a male.
- "Mai ka li gong hor li gian" in Hokkien.
- Don't tell you in order to make you yearn for the answer more.
- me / mine / my
- A corrupted spelling of "Lan Jiao" in Hokkien. Literally translated "Man Bird"
- A word to describe the penis of a male.
- Neh Neh
- Boobies, or Breasts. Hokkien iteration of the female mammary glands on her chest.
- No Money No Honey Nobody Loves Me
- Most often used by single EDMW-ers. Is always followed by a :( smiley.
- "Nin Na Bu"
- in Hokkien "Your Mother" which in actual translation to English translates loosely to "Screw Your Mom"
- (corrupted spelling for) Not
- Part of EDMW language
- No Picture No Talk
- This is used when a forum member claims that he/she witnessed an incident or saw a person but without providing pictorial evidence, which also has claimed to be the number one rule in EDMW forum.
- Oh My Fucking God
- An Exclamation
- Oh My Fucking God, Barbecued P3wned
- An exclamation 1 level up from the above. The word 'P3wned' comes from a gaming lingo which arose from a scenario of someone on the receiving end of an instant death shot by someone weaker despite holding the appearance of being the bigger adversary. The entire exclamation phrase is uttered when someone shot his/her own foot thoroughly either through his/her usual actions, post, threads or choice of words.
- (corrupted spelling for) Pornography
- EDMW's term for sexual explicit media.
- Usually mistaken to be "Play Chinese Chess", it actually means "Pa Chew Cheng" in Hokkien.
- Translated it means to masturbate, which also means sexually pleasing one self.
- (corrupted spelling for) Plus One
- used in response to incoherent or pointless posts, or when the forum member has little or no interest in the subject matter . Literally means an addition of +1 to the poster's total post count. Part of EDMW language.
- Mole that grow on Neh Nehs.
- Sharing Is Caring
- This word is used when a forum member wants someone else to share 'interesting' stuff with everyone, including (but not limited) MP3s, Pornographic pictures and videos.
- "Si Mi Lam Pa Ji?"
- Bluntly translated "What testicles?". But what the author is trying to exclaim is "what the fuck?"
- "Si Mi Lan Jiao?"
- Bluntly translated as "What Penis?". But what the author is trying to exclaim is " WHAT THE FUCK?"
- "Shut The Fuck Up"
- Literal meaning. Used in conjunction with an angry post, a flame or a flamebait giving the other party a direct order to simply… Shut Up and stop posting.
- Usually used in referral to either ladyboys, transversites or any female with hormone imbalance problem or a walking fashion disaster making her look like half a man.
- The full phrase goes, "Transformers… Lan Jiao bian Cheesepie." (or "Transversites, penis changes to vagina.")
- SLOW spelled in backwards.
- Refers to threadstarter's slowness in posting news that has already been previously reported by another fellow forum member days or even weeks before.
- "What The Fuck".
- Used in an exclamation context of expressing surprise, shock or in rare cases, extreme joy.